Surprise, surprise

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Jan 10 17:51:01 PST 2004

At 10:35 PM +0100 1/10/04, Dr. Robert J. Harley wrote:
>The Bush Administration began laying plans for an invasion of Iraq,
>including the use of American troops, within days of President Bush's
>inauguration in January of 2001 -- not eight months later after the
>9/11 attacks as has been previously reported.

One should hope so.

Besides the obvious need for same, given our strategic relationship with
Mr. Hussein at the time, remember that we have contingency war plans for
everything, including, IIRC, the invasion of Canada in the event of a war
with the UK, which were only shelved sometime before WWII.

Hell, I bet they're still valid.

Bomb Canada.

:-)

Cheers,
RAH
------
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA