Fwd: Lego to Stop Producing Mindstorms

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Sat Jan 10 21:52:34 PST 2004

Damn it. Damn damn damn.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Lego to Stop Producing Mindstorms
Date: 	10 Jan 2004 17:26:01 -0000
From: 	brian-slashdotnews at hyperreal.org
To: 	slashdotnews at hyperreal.org

Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/10/150259
Posted by: CowboyNeal, on 2004-01-10 15:37:00
Topic: toys, 227 comments

   from the good-thing-not-always-popular dept.
   nick58b writes "Lego, in response to the worst financial loss in its
   history, has announced they will [1]stop making the electronics and
   movie tie-in products. This would include Mindstorms, one of the
   greatest educational toys ever produced." It saddens me greatly to
   see the toy that was such a mainstay of my childhood to be in such
   dire financial straits. If I were a more qualified sociologist, I'd
   think it may have inspired by the way that our children play today
   versus how they played twenty years ago.

   [2]Click Here