NYTimes.com Article: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Promotion ofMarriage

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:40:20 PST 2004

What gets me about this proposal is that it
is exactly the kind of fuzzy-headed, spendthrift
program that I would expect out of the likes
of Jesse Jackson. Any true conservative should
be up in arms, explaining how such government
programs might start small, but soon grow into
a wasteful, bureaucratic morass.

Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave.