NYTimes.com Article: Bush Plans $1.5 Billion Drive for Promotion ofMarriage

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed Jan 14 09:27:58 PST 2004

The best way to encourage marriage is to help pay for
the wedding, although a non-monetary reception at the Whitehouse
might be fun.  The only problem is that I don't think I'd
want the government helping plan it as traditionally obligated.
We can run it past FoRK's newly wedded and newly engaged
couples to see if it works.

Greg