Bin Laden Comes Clean, War On Terror Continues

Ian Andrew Bell fork at ianbell.com
Thu Jan 15 08:44:06 PST 2004

You wanna whine about 3,000 people?  I'm sure they and their families
have suffered greatly but I'm sure that if all of the victims in Iraq
had the right skin colour, spoke the right language, or watched the
same Television as you, you might be able to empathize.

If your calculus adds up, just what is the threshold number of deaths
where we can no longer criticize anything which might have anything to
do with your towers collapsing?

According to:  http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1111-10.htm

..."Between 21,000 and 55,000 people have died as a result of the
U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and its aftermath."

So, again, back to your calculus.  What's the value ratio of largely
white anglo-saxon protestant AMERICAN deaths to those of poor, largely
Muslim Iraqis?  Do you feel vindicated now that it's likely a 10x
retribution?

I guarantee that none of those Iraqis had anything to do with the
tragic deaths of folks in the World Trade Center.  Yet your President
is using a (now proven false) assumption that in some way they did.

Wake up.

And, while you're at it, go read Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"
for precedent.

http://emotionalliteracyeducation.com/classic_books_online/mdprp10.htm

Osama Bin Laden might as well be the tooth fairy.  There hasn't been a
single documented, proven attack by his organization... well... EVER.
And though I'm sure he is a very bad man with brutal, ignoble
intentions the burden of proof is ultimately on his accusers and so
far, every time they make an assertion, it has been shot down.

It's just kind of funny how every time we track down a link behind an
islamic terrorist it seems to lead to Saudi Arabia.  How come the US
hasn't invaded them?

-Ian.