Bin Laden Comes Clean, War On Terror Continues

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:07:04 PST 2004

Greg Bolcer:
>>So, I'm willing to agree that in retrospect that Iraq
>>may have not been the imminent threat at the time of the war, but isn't
>>that like holding Jefferson
>>as a racist because he owned slaves and according
>>to 1990's standards, all slaveowners are bad?

Ian Andrew Bell:
>This is within months of the evident decision to
>invade Iraq. There's been no time for (and, from the Bush administration,
>no clear effort toward) retrospective.  If the Bush administration isn't at
>least 9-12 months ahead of the rest of us in
>terms of their intelligence and view unto the world, then what the fuck are
>they spending all that money on the CIA?

Am I the only one who remembers the articles
about CIA analysts dissenting from Bush's
interpretation of the intelligence THEN available?
It may be that what has changed is NOT new
facts on the ground contravening past facts, but
new facts on the ground CONFIRMING what the
intellligence community was saying, even while
Bush was giving a quite different interpretation.