Bin Laden Comes Clean, War On Terror Continues

Ian Andrew Bell fork at ianbell.com
Thu Jan 15 11:24:20 PST 2004

Isn't it ironic that I, a Canadian resident and citizen, care more
about your rights as a free man than you seem to?

Perhaps it's because I'm able to understand events like 9/11 in their
global context.  And you've gone a long way to helping me make my
point:  as history will ultimately record, 9/11 IS exactly just a
run-of-the-mill geopolitical side show (thanks).  To suggest it
approaches the Nazi Holocaust, or the murder of (conservatively)
150,000 Tamils by the US-backed Indonesian government, is a fabrication
of your popular media.  Immediately after 9/11, most Europeans couldn't
figure out what all of the fuss was about.

Too bad the Tamils didn't have video cameras or US Passports... you
might have cared about them enough to make stopping their murder such a
priority.

-Ian.