Perspective, priority

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Fri Jan 16 01:18:44 PST 2004

An unpleasant figment of my imagination who refuses to let me refer to
hir (*cough*) by name sayz:

> Osama is just an imaginary creature like the Tooth Fairy, hee hee.
> Al Qaeda's attacks and plans were just bedtime scary stories, ha ha.
> I suppose the 3,000 people who "died" will be emerging any moment
> now to rib us about their elaborate prank, ho ho.
>
> You crack me up.

Earthquakes kill more people per annum than have been killed by
terrorist acts in the entire history of the world.  Where is the "War
on Earthquakes?"

A certain pro forma sarcasm betrays a certain thin skin and lack of
humor that says a lot.

jb