dashboard [was RE: Perspective, priority]

Luis Villa louie at ximian.com
Fri Jan 16 12:35:31 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:27, Tom wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> --]mind, it demonstrates a world view that we should do our best to
> --]counter, and I do wish there were something we could do to bring those
> --]people back. But yeah, a sense of humor and a big sense of perspective
> --]is something we as a nation don't have ATM, both of which are a shame.
> --]
>
> Ya know what I find a real and tangiable shame? Not having a release of
> Dashboard I can install on my gear.
>
> Serious, whats a user gotta do for a dashboard dance?

hahahaha. Probably 'make the most involved hacker step down from his
position as a Novell VP.' :) But people have been hacking on it a bit,
so who knows. Some bits of GNOME 2.6 should even have support for it
'built in', which means building only dashboard and not rebuilding all
the other apps too, which would be sweet.

> Much luv to the ximian crew and no disrespect ment, only in luv

None taken :)

> Now back to work luis:)-

Heh. I'm mostly working on suse support lately, so... not sure that it's
very useful for you :)

Luis o/~slaving for the Man o/~ Villa