Body count tops 500

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Sun Jan 18 21:43:41 PST 2004

>I am so relieved we are back at Electorate Terrifying Code Yellow. I
>can barely sleep when we are at Orange.

"It does not matter whether the war is actually happening, and, since
no decisive victory is possible, it does not matter whether the war is
going well or badly.  All that is needed is that a state of war should
exist. The splitting of the intelligence which the Party requires of
its members [...] is more easily achieved in an atmosphere of war [...]"