[FoRK] AP Poll: Bush public support: going, going...

Luis Villa louie at ximian.com
Tue Feb 10 08:55:44 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 11:37, jbone at place.org wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2004, at 9:56 AM, Adam L Beberg wrote:
>
> > On Feb 6, 2004, at 5:30 PM, jbone at place.org wrote:
> >
> >> Snippets about recent AP poll...
> >
> > In summary, a majority of americans now prefer to get screwed by a
> > lawyer then by an oil tycoon, at least lawyers wash up first, and can
> > pronounce the big words.
> >
> > Of course the result is the same.
>
> That depends.  It remains to be seen whether Kerry will be surrounded
> by the same sort of Council of Ultimate Evil that makes up Dubya's
> circle.

It'd be really hard to do so- Bush has, if nothing else, done a great
job of this. I'm not a big fan of the more sold-out portions of the
democratic party, but it's really hard seeing Al Gore finding and
appointing such utterly evil people as the current AG, or such a
spineless syncophants as head of the EPA and Interior.

> Also note:  Dubya's hardly an oil "tycoon."  On the contrary, he
> appears to have an amazing talent for spending money --- particularly
> other people's money --- and very little talent for achieving anything
> with it.

Yeah. If you look at the record, he made most of his current cash with
the Rangers, actually. His oil companies (two, IIRC) were basically
failures, which gave him just enough money to be a token investor in the
rangers, with enough connections to practically steal land and cash from
the city and state for the team.

Luis