[FoRK] Re: identity-based encryption

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Tue Feb 10 09:43:05 PST 2004

As much respect as I have for yurls, Tyler, I believe your dismissal of
secure memorable names is a mistake.  The action in memorable names
happens in a scope between perfectly global names like public keys and
perfectly private names like pet names.  This is the context that
allows branding to work for huge blocks of people without requiring
that they work for everybody; for example, the scope of a car name is
typically national.  It is also the context of Google "I feel lucky",
which works very well for some names and badly for others.

And really, I think that midrange scope is the only one that matters.
It can't be dismissed because it is the main thing.

It is best to take Zooko's triangle as a useful koan rather than a law.

- Lucas