[FoRK] Sometimes, after the fat lady, they put a clown on stage...

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed Feb 11 18:38:55 PST 2004

Russell Turpin wrote:

 > Sort of a postprandial:
 >
 > http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/opinion/7916787.htm

I like this article.  "The Churchill of his time"
is particularly funny.

The issue with me has always been that I've never
really listened to anything Bush has had to say
on the subject as I always have seen the president
as more of a figurehead than anything. All these people
railing against Bush I feel aren't really looking
at what happened, but rather just enjoy playing
politics for political gainsake. The
real lemon test was whether or not you believed
Powell's case to the UN, and at the time, there
was a litany of public information dating back
a decade that made me support his claim that there
was more than just smoke.

It's like 3 days of the condor.  It's simple economics.
There's no argument.  When there's dirty plutonium
flowing down the sewers in New York towards the East
river.  Ask them! Maybe not this decade or the next.
Maybe sooner than that.  What do you think the people will want
us to do then? (Quiet Savagery) They won't want us to ask,
they'll want us to just fix it for them.

On another note, I think it'd be funny to see
Tim Russert interview Saddam Hussein.

Greg