[FoRK] Rambus European patent revoked

Geege geege4 at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 13 04:59:20 PST 2004

Rambus shares (RMBS: news, chart, profile) shed $5.26, or 18 percent, to
$24.35 after saying the European Patent Office technical board of appeals
revoked one of its patents, which related to a technology called the "access
time register." Los Altos, Calif.-based Rambus said the decision does not
apply to its other European patents nor does it alter any of its domestic
patents. A written reason for the revocation is expected in four to six
weeks.

(Robert - this isn't one of the patents that Infineon infringed on and is
going to be tried on in May, is it?)