[FoRK] bombshell, if it's accurate

Gordon Mohr gojomo at usa.net
Fri Feb 13 06:12:49 PST 2004

I can't imagine this making much of a difference. The country was relatively
tolerant of philandering Clinton as a candidate and president; California seems
willing to overlook Governor Schwartzenegger's history of inappropriately
aggressive and physical sexual advances.

If the Sun(UK)'s parent quotes are to be believed -- a big if -- Kerry may have
just been guilty of a sleazy come-on. Given both voter cynicism and the "old news"
time discount this story will have acquired by the election, who will care?

And considering how utterly insipid and death-like Kerry seems as a person, a
short fling might even *help* by letting people know he's got some spring in
his step. If you can't seduce a twentysomething from high government office, can
you really be trusted to steer the national mood? (Boring, senior, faithful
war hero Bob Dole got creamed against an incumbent in '96.)

- Gordon