[FoRK] Re: nb: politics ~= religion

Aaron Swartz me at aaronsw.com
Fri Feb 13 13:19:13 PST 2004

>> However, I, for one, do not think sending tax money to PBS and NPR is
>> sinful and tyrannical.
>
> Why don't we, then, also match tax money flowing to PBS / NPR
> dollar-for-dollar with contributions to Fox News and radio's Westwood
> One?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just that it doesn't meet the level of
"sinful and tyrannical".

Even if it was a good idea for NPR and PBS, that doesn't make it a good
idea for Fox News and Westwood One, which seem to have no problem
funding their work themselves, and do little in the way of
investigative journalism that adds to our political knowledge (with the
possible exception of digging up dirt or figuring out how Max Cleland
lost his limbs).

--
Aaron Swartz: http://www.aaronsw.com/