[FoRK] Re: identity-based encryption

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sat Feb 14 18:59:35 PST 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 11:53 AM, Justin Mason wrote:

> It does look nifty -- although it means you don't get rid of a PKI,
> instead you now need a *Private* Key Infrastructure ;)

Well that is the Holy Grail of PKI isn't it, finding a way to use it to
lock in victims, er i mean "customers".

Security is universally seen as some kind of technology problem yet to
be solved, but in reality it's trivial technology, that noone has found
a way to exploit yet. It's not like drugs, oil, or rock and roll where
you can just simply kill anyone in your way and charge whatever you
want. It's out there. It's a commodity. It's worthless.

Read the constitution, that which is not profitable does not exist. Not
in my country you communist terrorist. God bless America.

That said, PKI will happen, but as part of Open Source (TM) (read: free
as in offshoring). Companies will be forced into PKI by the bottom line
not by geeks :) Just like they will be forced into Linux,
Muhahahahhhhhahahahahahhahhah....

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/