[FoRK] Yo! A new religion to challenge Bokononism, Discordianism, and Bob. Heh.

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Tue Mar 2 09:34:39 PST 2004

 From the world-becomes-ever-more-sci-fi department;

Weinberger via joho:

	http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/002467.html

What the world needs now: Another religion

Yoism is a made-up "open source" religion that replaces God with an
impersonal Divine Mystery that seems to be loosely defined as "The
Stuff that Is and the Scientifical Laws It Follows," so that the proof
of Yo's existence consists of saying that the universe exists. Yoism
pledges to build Heaven on Earth, and, best of all, without self
sacrifice!

I'm confident Yoism is built on the best of intentions. I'm just having
trouble getting past the unintentional self-parody. I guess that makes
me a small person.

Thanks to Ross Knights for the link.

Posted by D. Weinberger at March 2, 2004 11:03 AM | TrackBack

---

http://www.yoism.org/

--

jb