[FoRK] You heard it here first, re: Bubble Fusion

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Mar 3 04:29:27 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:35:57PM -0600, jbone @ place. org wrote:

> Long shot bet:  if this really is reproducible, then there are some
> interesting implications.

Even if it is fusion, I don't see a way of scaling this up for practical
purposes (it's what inertial confinement people are trying to do).

I fail to see the utility for fusion devices (other than weapons) in
terrestrial applications. We're already in orbit around a pretty large one,
all we need is to capture the photonic output.

> The most consistent theories of the origin of sonoluminescent phenomena
> are based in so-called stochastic electrodynamics --- which provides an
> alternative to both QED and GR.  Hmmm.

Where does stochastic electrodynamics deviate from QED/GR?