[FoRK] san francisco travels east at the rate of 48 miles a year

paul pt at remsset.com
Thu Mar 4 17:20:38 PST 2004

Wal-Mart may be the Devil's Work.

But out here, in Burnet, when all ya got to shop at is a little HEB full of
checkers that have trouble using a scanner or counting change, and god forbid
they are smart enough to not put canned goods on top of a loaf of bread...
having the Super Wally World just 15 miles away over in Marble Falls is pretty
damn nice.   The prices are the same.  Though Wally World sells beer for a
little less.  (not enough to pay for gas.)

Beats the heck outta driving 40 miles to Austin for groceries.

Sure, Wal-Mart sux.  So does any big chain store.  I like Albertson's.  And
Tom Thumb.  I know folks that hate 'em all.   Dunno where they buy groceries.

paul
   http://remsset.com

   Don't pull dad's finger when he tells you to.