[FoRK] [Fwd: RE: 2004's most expensive cars]

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sat Mar 6 17:06:47 PST 2004

On Mar 2, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:

> Two major omissions from the list!
>
> Koenigsegg CC
> 4.7 liter 8 cylinder engine with 655 HP
> (Claim to fame:  Fastest Road-Legal Supercar in production)
> http://www.koenigsegg.com/

Very nice, and the new CCR model is +150HP, while adding only 5kg.
Impressive.

However, the interesting tidbit is "Ground clearance: 100 mm". Removing
any possibility of driving it on any Union Perfect(TM) road in the USA
that's for sure, the potholes are twice that deep. Hell I couldn't even
back that out of a driveway due to the angle that roads meet driveways
here. Maybe Nebraska is flat enough?

Of course, the point of performance cars is to collect them, not to
actually drive one.

(and before you go making Minnesota jokes, I found the roads in
california were FAR worse they are here, I can drive without my teeth
rattling out and everything)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/