[FoRK] Plamegate for Primates

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Sun Mar 7 20:14:21 PST 2004

"Who Shot" J.R. sez:

> I have to say, I really don't get what the big deal is over the whole
> Valerie Plame thing is.  Everything I have read suggests that it is
> nothing more than the media and politicos trying really hard to make a
> story where there isn't one.

Okay, let's see if this is as easy to explain as it seems.  The
allegations are that:

(1)  Somebody in / around the administration may have BROKEN FEDERAL
LAW...
(2)  ...by revealing the identity of an COVERT INTELLIGENCE OPERATIVE...
(3)  ...which could have, but probably did not, constitute an egregious
breach of NATIONAL SECURITY...
(4)  ...as a REVENGE move in a game of POLITICAL HARDBALL.

And so, J.R., you don't think that's a significant story, if true?

Interesting.

	http://www.we-exist-gifts.com/Qstore/suploads/29586.jpg

jb