[FoRK] Trade deficit reaches new record, and suggested solutions

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:26:58 PST 2004

Jeff Bone:
>Solution #2:  All US trading partners must agree
>to free float their currencies against the dollar...

Right now, there's a schizophrenia at high levels
about this. Yeah, that would narrow the trade
deficit. BUT.. if (when?) the Chinese and Japanese
stop buying US bonds by the trailer load, the
dollar will fall and interest rates will rise.

I don't envy President Kerry. But yellow dogs
aren't meant to be treated well. ;-)