[FoRK] examples of browsing + authoring

Karl Anderson kra at monkey.org
Fri Mar 12 12:11:44 PST 2004

Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix.com> writes:

> A UI problem I'm having with webjay is that it needs to encompass both
> browsing and authoring, and I can't find examples of existing sites.
> Any site I know of that does a decent job with the UI for either does
> only one of the two.  Kuro5hin and Slashdot do both; the UI sucks.
> Technorati does a good job with browsing.  Blogger does a good job with
> authoring.  Etc.
>
> Anybody know of well-made sites that do both?

You mean that good TTW authoring exists?  For anything that I use
often, I'm only happy when I can get it as a text file with DAV and
edit it locally with my editor, using Zope's StructuredText (I'm
behind the times there) with simple INI style property parsing at the
top.  There may be better DAV property support out there, I don't
know - the way that I'm using it, HTTP or FTP would work acceptably as
well.  This way, I'm struggling with the lameness of StructuredText,
which I like much better than struggling with the lameness of any web
browser.

--
Karl Anderson      kra at monkey.org           http://monkey.org/~kra/