[FoRK] Fwd: Vast Differences in Compensation.doc

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 08:57:55 PST 2004

Personally, I think the government should
NOT compensate the survivors of those killed
in catastrophes, whether caused by train
derailment, earthquake, ferry capsize, fire, or
terrorist attack. We all risk sudden death in
a large variety of ways. I don't see how the
dependents of those who died in 9/11
suffered greater loss than of those who
died in any other catastrophe.

Money will not compensate for bereavement.
If you have dependents who will suffer
financially because of your sudden death,
then carry life insurance for that purpose.

Yes, 9/11 was different, in that it was an
attack on the US. And because of that, we
conquered the Taliban government of
Afghanistan. I don't see how that difference
has any bearing with regard to victim
compensation.