[FoRK] Ugh. "Don't Feed The Terrorists!"

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Mon Mar 15 08:20:15 PST 2004

 They put a new game up on our app server last week.  Civilization III?  Nationalism
is one of the most useful technologies in the game.  It keeps your stupid Republic
or Democracy inline (and your cities from rioting w/o Police State) in order to
keep from getting War Fatigue.   The technology levels and evolution of a society
is amazingly addictive and the concepts are great.  There's three distinct ages--I
only recall the industrial age offhand, but all the rest depend on cultural, military,
and technological advances.   I put all my eggs in one basket thinking that if I
could just screw the citizens of their culture for long enough to get Gunpowder
then I could blast all those knights from their saddles.   All my cities kept
rioting and defecting.

One of the updsides of our server is that you can download and run
a 800+Meg game over DSL in about 3 minutes. One of the serious downsides of our
app server that you can tell exactly how much time you wasted over the weekend instead
of doing house chores.

Greg

Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 14, 2004 8:28:28 PM	 1h 42m 29s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 14, 2004 12:02:06 PM	 1h 57m 42s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 14, 2004 6:20:05 AM	 1h 15m 16s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 14, 2004 6:17:46 AM	 2m 13s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 9:36:40 PM	 2h 09m 15s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 4:50:43 PM	 2h 36m 37s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 3:44:57 PM	 51m 31s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 3:32:09 PM	 13s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 1:50:17 PM	 46m 33s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 8:48:09 AM	 2h 24m 04s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 6:36:51 AM	 1h 15m 50s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 13, 2004 6:31:35 AM	 5m 09s
Sid Meier's Civilization III	 Mar 12, 2004 5:15:42 PM	 1h 33m 26s