[FoRK] They want biblical, here we go...

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Mon Mar 15 15:34:52 PST 2004

Came across another list w/ some overlapping membership, apologies for
the redundancy.

Just makes you shake your head, dunnit?

--

Begin forwarded message:

sorry for the terrible formatting, but I don't have
time to clean this one up today...

The Presidential Prayer Team is currently urging us
to: "Pray for the
President as he seeks wisdom on how to legally
codify
the definition of
marriage. Pray that it will be according to
Biblical
principles. With
any forces insisting on variant definitions of
marriage, pray that God's
Word and His standards will be honored by our
government."  This is
true.

Any good religious person believes prayer should be
balanced by action.
So here, in support of the Prayer Team's admirable
goals, is a proposed
Constitutional Amendment codifying marriage
entirely
on biblical
principles:

A. Marriage in the United States shall consist of a
union between one
man and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam
3:2-5)

B. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take
concubines in
addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I
Kings
11:3; II Chron
11:21)

C. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the
wife is a virgin. If
the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.
(Deut
22:13-21)

D. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall
be
forbidden. (Gen
24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)

E. Since marriage is for life, neither this
Constitution nor the
constitution of any State, nor any state or federal
law, shall be
construed to permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark
10:9)

F. If a married man dies without children, his
brother
shall marry the
widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow
or
deliberately does
not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one
shoe
and be otherwise
punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen.
38:6-10; Deut
25:5-10)

=====
Support the Truth - Stop the Lies