[FoRK] Civ III

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue Mar 16 05:41:28 PST 2004

Wayne Baisley wrote:

>  Yes wow. It was old 6 years ago ...

Actually, Civilization Phase III was 1994.
(Lumpy Gravy was 1968.)

>  http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/jan98/0501.html

Gosh, I think that predates my joining FoRK.
We should have more musical discussions like that...

 > [from Jan 98 post]
>  Another gem is Zappa's Civilization Phaze III, which is the source
>  material? for many of the little noise bites in Lumpy Gravy, and
>  others. "I hear you've been having trouble with pigs and ponies."

It's the other way around: leftover bits from LG were used in CP3.

Actually I would have been happy if CP3 didn't have the vocal bits.
At least they are easy to skip over on CD.

- Joe