[FoRK] All The Rope II: Noose of Words

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed Mar 17 13:35:08 PST 2004

I think the issue has to be precise.  Lying about what exactly?  The lying
charge can be made that the Bush administration lied about the reasons
why they went to war in Iraq.   I personally think they did the right
thing for the wrong reasons.  When Jeff starts talking about
they lied about whether or not Iraq had WMDs--as if they knew they
didn't, well, even Hans Blix, Kofi Annan, and Jaques Chirac wouldn't
even agree with that statement before the war.   It's not my intention
to browbeat, I just cant' understand how someone can retroactively
from every other policy with the exception that it's being enacted by
a new administration.  So, the big lie involved the complicity of Blix,
Chirac, Annan, the UN, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., the entire US
military, and the entire US intelligence?   It seems just a little
unbelievable to me.

Greg