[FoRK] Victim Compensation...

Ian Andrew Bell fork at ianbell.com
Wed Mar 17 20:07:06 PST 2004

Dying at work in Manhattan because terrorists flew a plane into your
office tower:  		$1,821,886.00

Dying at home in Baghdad because a USAF satellite photo analyst mistook
your back yard swimming pool for a seren gas distillery:			$5,000.00

Watching your wife burn to death when a ferrite missile warhead
explodes in your living room, and having to line up for weeks to get
that $5,000.00:  		WORTHLESS

----

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/17/international/middleeast/17CIVI.html?
8hpib

March 17, 2004

For Iraqis in Harm's Way, $5,000 and 'I'm Sorry'
By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN