[FoRK] Slow grep

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Mar 19 06:48:11 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:14:17AM -0500, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

> Except that human language is richer phonetically than that implies, and also

No, learning some 20 glyphs and understand that they map to some noises
(as long as you don't have to pronounce them all is peachy), not concepts is
well within a computer user faculty envelope.

> has contextual dependencies. For example, if I say "Ikura wa ikura" you have

For example, if I write "mama" in English, it's pretty clear I'm not talking
about horses. Neither clipboard nor keyboard care too much about the
phonetics.