[FoRK] RE: Flatland or Sphereland?

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Sun Mar 21 10:10:47 PST 2004

Russell, I think you are confusing a policy defender and a Bush
defender.  Nowhere have I ever defended Bush.   Nowhere
have I ever said anything that labeled me as a neocon either, so
I see your arguments as strawmen.  I find it amazing that
you hold such a low opinion of the intelligence of the US
congress and US public that they all can easily be fooled by
one small out of context piece of intel that turned out to be false.
Congress wasn't misled.  Members claiming they were are projecting
blame for their own shortcomings.

What's more interesting is the whole anti-war political process.
Arguements of expedience are extensively poll tested with
small swing groups, trial balloons are floated, and unfounded
rewritten criticisms are repeated no matter how much they are
based on historical re-writing all in the concerted effort
to change the fact that some political minority lost the
debate on the Iraq war and is doing anything possible to
retroactively invalidate the decision.  Once you understand
that fact, you can separate things into two camps: legitimate
criticisms and illegitimate criticisms.  There's this little thing called
congressional record that you can't really spin.  Changing the
subject to ideologue bashing doesn't help your case either.  It's
the sore-losers of the debate that are trying to change the status quo.

Greg