[FoRK] Listening to NPR, "Coalition of the Billing"

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Tue Apr 13 17:08:20 PDT 2004

Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Talking about the mercenary business. Said there are more mercenaries in
> Iraq than British troops.
>
> A anti-terrorism-trained, special forces veteran can make US$90K in 90
> days.

Speaking of which, Nader was warning America's youth
just this morning that the draft will come back.
http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/dead-kennedys/weve-got-a-bigger-problem-now.php

I think that we're soon going to see the end of the
all volunteer army and the dawn of the all mercenary army
is coming.

> --
> Ratio of the price of a barrel of oil in March to the price of a body bag from the U.S. military's supplier : 1:1
> Harper's Index, May 2003

I think it's more like 1:2.2.

Greg