[FoRK] Did Bush give a convincing performance?

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Wed Apr 14 10:13:51 PDT 2004

On Apr 14, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:

> On 14-Apr-04, at 9:45 AM, B.K. DeLong wrote:
>
>> Yes and at the same time look at Fox News' poll:
>>
>> d. My opinion is the same -- I support the President's strategy in
>> Iraq.
>>  (76%) 23,066
>>
>> e. My opinion is the same -- I do not support the President's
>> strategy in Iraq.
>>  (9%) 2,868
>
> Apparently the poll was limited to members of Rupert Murdoch's
> immediate family, and has a margin of error of +/- 9%.

+1.

I was going to post about that one too but have been coming to the
conclusion lately that the Faux spin is SO egregious that it's not even
worth figuring into any triangulation.  (Instead, it's a better
spot-check on the talking points and hot buttons du jour.)  I wouldn't
be surprised if that Faux poll was intentionally gamed.  Got to rally
the faithful, after all.  No jihad (or, as they like to call it,
culture war) w/o conviction.

Sure there's bias.  But surely e.g. the CNN polls represent a better
cross-section than Faux.  C'mon --- self-identified and self-selected
conservatives don't read / watch / take polls on CNN?  OTOH, Faux wears
its bias proudly on its sleeve...

jb