[FoRK] More mail search madness

Kurt Weiske maildrop at kataan.org
Thu Apr 15 08:20:59 PDT 2004

For those of you using the politicially incorrect (it would seem)
Outlook for email, there's a nice search tool called LookOut
(http://www.lookoutsoft.com) that's free for now, while it's in beta.

It's a nice search tool that lets you search across multiple folders,
including IMAP folders. Many times, I want to do a context-free search,
which Outlook won't do - search for a name and pull up emails to/from
him, tasks in my task list, contact information, etc. LookOut does this
nicely.

I'm playing with Zoe (http://www.zoe.nu) again, but I can't remember how
I got around zoe spidering my IMAP server's entire file system. I'm
using UW-IMAP, and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell zoe to adhere
to a mail directory prefix. I should look at one of the other IMAP
servers, but I've used UW-IMAP for so long and don't want to switch to
maildirs...  :(