[FoRK] U.S. expected to order staff out of Saudi Arabia

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Thu Apr 15 12:08:25 PDT 2004

Mmmm-hmmm.

--

U.S. expected to order staff out of Saudi Arabia

	http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/15/saudi.diplomats/index.html

 From Elise Labott
CNN
Thursday, April 15, 2004 Posted: 2:00 PM EDT (1800 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The State Department is expected to order all
nonessential personnel serving in the U.S. Embassy and consulates in
Saudi Arabia and their families out of the country in the coming days,
a senior State Department official said Thursday.

"The threat situation is such that we feel we need to have a lower
profile not because the Saudi government isn't working hard, but
because we are concerned about the level of threat," to those personnel
and facilities, the official said.

He expects the order to be implemented by the end of the week.