Lucene [was Re: [FoRK] Scientific Search Option, Vertical Search Engines]

Luis Villa louie at ximian.com
Sat Apr 17 07:32:47 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 17:15 -0700, TomWsmf wrote:
> On Friday April 16th 2004, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 21:11 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > > Sure, if Apache would come with a spider, submission hooks (WebDAV?), full
> > > text indexer...
> > Speaking of Apache and full-text search, has anyone here used Lucene? Is
> > it any good?
>

> Unless I am mistaken Lucene is what is used in ZOE for its searching.
>  If that is indeed correct, it be nicely nice.

I must have missed ZOE mentions in the previous thread. It does look
pretty sweet, judging from the borderline incoherent description:

http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=16&sec=1

Anyone actually using it day-to-day? Rough edges I should be aware of
before I dive in this weekend? [I love evo, but I'm willing to go
astray, if for no other reason than to point the evo guys in a new
direction :)

Luis