[FoRK] Funny or infuriating? The Arrogance of the Shrub

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:27:54 PDT 2004

Luis Villa wrote:

>Can you say 'blowing things out of proportion' boys and girls? I knew
>you could.

Mmm... perhaps, see below.

>I'm not alone in thinking this demonstrates way more about the poster
>than the president, right?

Definitely, however...

I certainly wouldn't do that (to a stranger, at least, but in the
interest of practical tomfoolery with ones own mates, well... almost
anything goes!). Further, to allow ones self to be caught on film doing
such a thing does display a certain amount of ignorance and lack of
class. Finally, what sort of PUBLIC behavior should one be able to
expect from the President? Granted, he wasn't wiping his glasses off
with the lapel of a foreign dignitary but why should the standards of
conduct be any different for a 'commoner'? Opinions may vary on what
type of behavior we should be able to expect from someone in that
position, but I think this sort of thing falls well below the mark for
most people.

So, blowing it out of proportion? Yes. Is Bush a classless ignoramous?
Clearly. Personally I think all the cocaine damaged his decision making
skills... Maybe we should all feel sorry for him? Sorry, no.

Regards,
Elias