[FoRK] The Zenith Angle

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Fri Apr 30 07:27:36 PDT 2004

Cory has this to say about Sterling's new novel over at Boing.  I
haven't read it yet;  I've a lot of admiration for Sterling but,
frankly, think some of his stuff is great (Heavy Weather, Holy Fire)
while other stuff is, eh, not so much.  (Not a huge fan of e.g.
Schismatrix, oddly enough.)  But this looks interesting.

--

	http://www.boingboing.net/2004/04/30/sterlings_new_novel_.html

Friday, April 30, 2004

Sterling's new novel is out -- catch the book-tour!

Bruce Sterling's new novel, The Zenith Angle,

	http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345460618/downandoutint-20

is out now. To give you an idea of how much I liked this book -- a
technothriller about post-9/11 hacker-entrepreneurs, and the
military-industrial complex -- here's the blurb I wrote:
Sterling has his fingers on about a hundred different pulses in this
book, which vibrates with fantastic in-jokes and insights from
Bollywood to dot-bomb, from mil-spec gear-pigs to earnest cybercops.
The story rockets along like a hijacked airliner heading straight at
you, like a flash-worm compromising every unpatched Windows box on the
net at once. I read it in one sitting, and I'll read it again before
the month is out. Lots of books are called "thrillers" but very few are
this thrilling. Bruce is going on a ten-city US book tour -- check here
for dates! Link

	http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/sterling/index.blog?entry_id=295990

posted by Cory Doctorow at 12:19:07 AM