[FoRK] NYTimes.com Article: Google' s Sale of Its Shares Will Defy Wall St. Tradition

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Fri Apr 30 11:54:55 PDT 2004

I think some of that 150,000 is either from Interchange,
Overture, and FAST.  I know one or all three have
deals bringing their 80k+ advertisers to AskJeeves
and Google.  We were working with Interchange (then
eLiberation/ePilot) to get 3rd party advertising adopted into
IM, but the project never went anywhere.

Given the surprising appeal of text messaging, I'm
wondering why Google doesn't put the same thing into the
2Billion text messages that go over IM every freakin' day.
AOL, MSN, and Yahoo really missed the boat on that one.

Their revs are amazing.

Greg