[FoRK] Best place to publish (application, not research) on software architecture?

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Sat May 1 17:22:14 PDT 2004

One of the new metrics for us "software architects" at CA is external publication.  It's been a long time since I was at a company that cared about external publications, and I was a metallurgist then.

Any suggestions?  The article would be most likely to be (semi) technical, and would describe applied work (software architecture methodology for deploying packaged software), not research.

If I'm not good enough for the serious non-research journals, I could write some articles for the Web, I hope.  Suggestions there -- I wonder how hard it would be to get an article onto one of the O'Reilly sites? -- would also be appreciated.

Ken "Currently in Slough [near Heathrow] of all places"  Meltsner