[FoRK] Nerve

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Sat May 1 19:07:17 PDT 2004

Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

>They can have 100% control of fallujah in under 48 hours.   It's
>politics that's holding it back.   If you say a thousand or so
>means less than 60--the majorit of which have been
>used as collaborators and human shields, then you're gonna run outta numbers.
>
>Greg

Human shields? Were they the people driving the ambulances?

> An assessment by five international non-governmental organisations on
> Friday said 470 people had been killed in Falluja. Of 1,200 injured,
> it said 243 were women and 200 children. The groups said their
> estimate may be conservative.
>
> "Dead bodies are lying in the streets. Ambulances are being shot at by
> snipers. Medical aid and supplies have been stopped by U.S. occupation
> forces," a statement from the NGOs said.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=491768&section=news

Those numbers are from April 12, and the snipers being referenced are US
snipers. It's politics? If "politics" means admitting that this is a war
of conquest and nothing less then yes - its politics.

Owen