[FoRK] The neutral PC (was: Carbon-50 makes its debut)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun May 2 08:58:43 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 01:07:06PM +0000, Russell Turpin wrote:
> Eugen Leitl:
> >Dunno, mutt has no trouble handling large
> >amounts of mail ..
>
> Next, you'll tell me it's platform agnostic.

Sure, there are ssh clients for about every platform known to man. Once in
Italy I had to find a Java SSH client, because they were fascist about
banning executable code in their cafe.

The only minus, you need a good connection, as every echoed keystroke
is going pingpong.

Otoh, I'm going to go back on local instance of mutt, once Apple gets me a G4
substitute for my G3 lemon (broken fourth time in a row). Native keyboard's
not to good, but one can use external Bluetooth one, or just ssh into it from
another machine.