[FoRK] Mr. Rogers Neighborhood

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Sun May 2 11:04:25 PDT 2004

Owen says:

> Hey Mr. Special Forces/In The Know
> The current scramble to get more TANKS to Iraq doesn't seem to fit your
> previously advanced views on
> modern combat. Whats up with that?
> http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?
> type=worldNews&storyID=501218&section=news

Yeah, and...  missed clipping the link, but did anybody see the bits
about the Army repo-ing a few small-ass howitzers (and I mean small)
from a couple of ski resorts where they were on loan for avalanche
control?

Ah, here's the link:

	http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20954~2121331,00.html

And I find this rather interesting (note the timing):

  "I need to have them back in the troops' hands within 60 to 90 days,"
said Don Bowen, the Army command's team leader in charge of the
howitzers.

--

All things being equal, I think we had enough tanks for an invasion
(against rotting and depleted Iraqi armor) --- just not enough for a

jb