Clancy [was Re: [FoRK] Why We Are Losing The War on Terrorism]

Luis Villa louie at ximian.com
Mon May 3 10:03:23 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 09:48 -0700, Justin Mason wrote:

> Contempt for Meatheads writes:
> >Jrobb is rapidly becoming the only source to read on the overall
> >strategic / tactical / operational / policy picture.  This guy is
> >Clausewitz meets Tom Clancy.  [...]
>
> OK, is being *anything* to do with Tom Clancy a good thing?
>
> I've only read one of his books -- _Rainbow Six_ --

Stop there. If you want to assess Clancy fairly, get and read Red Storm
Rising, and/or (maybe) Hunt For Red October. His later stuff gets a
little ridiculous- prior to 9/11 'Debt Of Honor' (the book that had a
JAL 747 bombing into Congress) was most notable for being the book where
Clancy officially jumped the shark.

Luis