[FoRK] Re: Utterly ridiculous: Does Gmail breach wiretap laws?

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Wed May 5 01:10:11 PDT 2004

> Google's defense is, there's no humans reading
> the information only computers much like
> a spellchecker and outsourced anti-virus and
> spam filters already do content filtering.

The point I was making is, just in case anyone missed it:  it doesn't
matter whether it's a computer reading the information or Nelly The
Snoopy Secretary.  IF I GAVE HER (THEM, E.G. GOOGLE) PERMISSION TO READ
IT IN EXCHANGE FOR E-MAIL SERVICES, WHO THE FUCK IS ****ANY****
LEGISLATURE TO TELL ME I CAN'T MAKE THAT TRADE?!?!?!

The rest of this crap doesn't matter, is irrelevant, and is noise.  It
doesn't fucking matter if it's an AI, or Nelly, or Bonzo the Chimp, or
nobody at all that reads my e-mail:  if I give them permission to do so
in exchange for some sysadminly services, it's none of the fucking
government's business.

BTW:  the vitriol in this message is solely directed to the stupidity
of our various governments, not anyone on the list.

jb