[FoRK] Outsourcing fascism

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed May 5 07:12:57 PDT 2004

	>Announce a full investigation. Punish those who are responsible. Treat it as a big deal. Show > the world what the rule of law looks like.

	Sounds good.

	>Fire the mercenaries. Bring charges against them and the companies they work for. Don't use >mercenaries any more.

	Bad idea.  We had a conscripted force, an all volunteer force, and a complemented mercenary force is the future of military structure.

	>Bring the Guantanamo prisoners to trial and release the ones who are found innocent (or who >can't be charged).

	The precedent is to imprison them until the end of the war and then compensate those wrongfully imprisoned.

	>Fire Ashcroft for not protecting our Constitution.

	I think the word would be negligence if that's the case, but most people think that the threat of terrorism is stronger than the threat of elected government officials.  You might as well fire congress too then.

	>Re-think how we can make our country safer. Being a bully is going to get our cities blown >up. What can we do in addition to hunting down terrorists? In twenty years, what is our >vision of the world?

	The current grand vision is a democratized islam.  The US's chief export is democracy.

	Greg