[FoRK] The administration feared destroying the terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam.

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Mon May 17 09:25:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> The policy was to hold states accountable for terrorism within
> their borders.  That's the whole plank.  If you are saying
> that the saddam government didn't control the kurdish area,
> and further there was the potential for chemical terrorism
> originating from that area, then it makes an even more compelling
> case.

But Kurdish northern Iraq was basically within *our* borders.

> The point I'm making is the policy is consistent.

That we should be able to stop states from being able to control terrorism
within their borders, then hold them accountable for it?

(...lost track of the headers for this message, GAB might have sent it
offlist, in which case I'm posting back onlist, which is a no no.  If so,
sorry Greg).