[FoRK] Re: 1TB for $500 and change

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Tue May 18 11:29:38 PDT 2004

Yep, as hard as it is for me to admit it, Windows XP (SP1 or greater)
has a great suspend capability on my laptop (Toshiba Tecra M1).  In
fact, it's the easiest way to fix the mouse driver which gets confused
on a regular basis.  Network media sense and wireless/wired switching
works darned well, especially given the changes in SP2 beta.  My old
Dell had OK suspend support, but the M1/XP combination is close to
seamless.

Windows XP is far from perfect (or desirable in many ways), but it's not
a bad work environment if you have newish hardware and the latest
service packs.

Ken