[FoRK] From the "fun-with-chicken-little" department...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue May 18 20:18:51 PDT 2004

On May 18, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Contempt for Meatheads wrote:

> Reading /. *so you don't have to...* ;-)
>
> 	http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/18/049251
>
> Simulate "The Day After Tomorrow" On Your PC

Geez, this is still around? These guys have been around for years and
years.

Problem is, they are trying to simulate a hundred years of something we
cannot even hope to correctly predict for 3 days. So every scientific
review I've seen of their project lays the smack down on them bigtime.
Hey, it's almost as scientifically viable as looking for aliens ;)

Besides, both AI and grey goo will be around long before we have to
worry about the climate ;)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/